There is a lot going on right now in the plant-based and vegan nutrition community. Mostly due to the widespread release of “Game Changers”, the documentary on high performing athletes and their plant-based diets. We’re always open to change and experimentation, especially when it comes to food. With that.. here are our top 5 choices for Vegan Protein powders.
Tone It Up
Tone It Up Plant-Based Protein is made by women for women! They use simple, clean, NON-GMO, and gluten-free ingredients to nourish your beautiful body. Our delicious plant based protein promotes a healthy and lean physique while giving your body essential nutrients for post workout recovery. Shake it up with 8-10 ounces of almond milk or water, your favorite fruit smoothie, or as a flour substitute in pancakes & other delicious baked goods!
Orgain Organic Protein Plant-Based Protein Powder
- 21 grams of organic plant-based protein (pea, brown rice, chia seeds), 7 grams of organic dietary fiber, 3 grams of net carbs, 0 grams of sugar, 150 calories per serving
- USDA organic, vegan, gluten free, dairy free, lactose free, low net carbs, no added sugar, soy free, kosher, non GMO, carrageenan free, and no artificial ingredients
- Mix with water, milk, or your favorite protein shake recipe for a quick breakfast or snack drink. Use when baking to give your cakes, muffins, brownies, or cookies a protein and energy boost
- Ideal for healthy, on the go nutrition for men, women, and kids. These vegan protein poweders are great for meal replacement, smoothie boosters, build lean muscle, muscle recovery, and pre or post workouts
KOS Organic Plant-Based Vegan Protein Powder
Organic Pea Protein: Those peas you used to move endlessly around the dinner plate as a kid? They’re a complete source of protein. If only you’d known! You see, peas contain those branched chain amino acids that contribute to building muscle, burning fat, and repairing your exhausted clockworks after a strenuous workout. Now, knowing all this likely wouldn’t have changed your mind about peas as a kid. But at least you would have understood what you were hiding under your potato.
Organic Flax Seed Protein: Unless you’re a fish, your body can’t make omega-3. No problem. Flax seed is one of the richest vegan sources of essential omega-3. This fatty acid with the science-fictional name is critical to weight management, retinal health, fetal development…omega-3 is a big deal, and Flax is an omega-3 kingpin. Flax is also high in soluble and insoluble fiber, low in carbs, maintains blood sugar levels, helps digestion, and ends with the cool letter X.
Organic Quinoa Protein: Quinoa is nearly unique in the Plant Kindgom. Why? It is a “complete protein”, rare plant matter that contains all nine essential amino acids. Think of it as a cow you can toss into a salad. Packed with fiber, iron, magnesium, manganese—Quinoa is strangely potent. In fact, NASA is looking very closely at Quinoa as a Controlled Ecological Life Support System (CELSS); a foodstuff for astronauts on long interplanetary flights. Which makes Quinoa as ancient as the Incans who cultivated it, and as modern as a trip to Mars.
Organic Pumpkin Seed Protein: The seemingly unremarkable pumpkin seed is an incredibly useful thing for the body. Packed with protein, heart-helping magnesium, immune-boosting zinc, liver love, and the natural sleep-aid tryptophan – this jack-o’-lantern confetti is all things to all people. From prostate props to menopausal mitigation, the mighty pumpkin seed is a friend to both Mars and Venus. Carotenoids and vitamin E round out the miracle. Did we mention antioxidants? Whew! This gourd will not leave you bored.
Organic Chia Seed Protein: Chia seeds can be spread over the backs of terra cotta animals to look like green hair. But there’s more! These crazily tiny seeds are loaded with omega-3 fatty acids (those again), fiber, antioxidants, iron, and calcium. Lean muscle mass? Check. Burning of excess fat? Check! Drop them into water and chia seeds soak up about 12 times their volume in a scant 10 minutes, producing a nutrient-packed gel that can stand in for eggs in vegan cooking. The Aztecs considered these granular little seeds almost miraculous for their stamina-boosting qualities. We do too.
Organic Coconut Sugar: Twice the iron and zinc of granulated sugar and rich in potassium, Coconut Sugar is produced from the sap of the coconut palm flower, and not from the plummeting nut known for knocking tourists unconscious. Coconut Sugar offers vitamin C, magnesium, calcium, and a variety of other nutrients. Plentiful in antioxidant phytonutients (naturally occurring plant-based anti-toxins) this tree-based sugar is a healthy alternative to processed sweeteners.
Organic Stevia: Derived from a South American plant of the same name, Stevia’s two main components are Stevioside and Rebaudioside A; and these are hundreds of times sweeter than table sugar. Stevia contains 0 calories and has a big fat 0 as its glycemic index, too. In a double-blind, placebo-controlled trial, Stevia was also shown to have a blood-pressure lowering character, and an effect on insulin that would be of some help to type 2 diabetes patients. Lastly, it tastes really good in very small amounts, and if you shout its name in a crowded space, people named Steve will turn their heads. Another value-added.
Himalayan Pink Salt: The only salt known to have been discovered by none other than Alexander the Great, Himalayan salt is mined in the Punjab region of Pakistan. This far-flung table spice boasts a total of 84 minerals, including iron, magnesium, calcium, potassium, phosphorus and chloride, as well as trace amounts of body-burnishing boron, fluoride, iodine, zinc, selenium and copper. The best part of Himalayan salt? You don’t have to scale the Himalayas to get it.
Organic Monk Fruit: Monk Fruit is a sweetener harvested from Southeast Asia. Remove the seeds and skin and crush the fruit, and the resulting extract is, like Stevia, about 200 times sweeter than sugar. Monk Fruit is native to China, and has been used there as a medicinal remedy for centuries. Monk Fruit is known to contain super-antioxidants called mogropides.
Nutrients and Minerals: One serving of vegan protein contains 20g of protein and only 170 calories (160 Vanilla); a nice ratio that allows you to tread lightly on calories while getting that sweet infusion of energy and nutrition you rely on to power your day. KOS protein blend contains several superfoods that can boost the immune system, lower blood pressure and cholesterol, and encourage weight loss. If you’re into that sort of thing. Dairy, Gluten, and Soy Free: Organic and vegan protein protein powders tend to be hypoallergenic, unlike whey-based protein derivatives, whose lactose content can also add bloating and gas to the mix, and—yes—to the room. Even soy protein has its issues. KOS ingredients are sustainably sourced and plant-based, requiring fewer non-renewable resources to produce than animal-based protein products. At KOS we believe in going around the middlecow and diving straight into the greens; and the protein-rich, resource-light purity of the plant kingdom.
DigeSEB Enzyme Blend: Amylase, Protease, Lipase, Lactase, Cellulase. Sound like a biology test? This proprietary enzyme blend helps the body embrace and capitalize on its ingested proteins, maximizing absorption and wasting less of the ingested component parts.
Does Not Contain Peanuts. Contains Tree Nuts.
Garden Of Life Raw Organic Protein
- HIGH PROTEIN: 22 grams of complete, sugar free plant protein from USA grown peas and 13 RAW organic sprouts. A lot for Vegan Protein Powders
- POST WORKOUT RECOVERY: Help your muscles recover with a clean nutritional shake and get back in the gym faster
- VITAMINS AND MINERALS: This delicious vanilla protein powder includes fat soluble RAW food created vitamins A, D, E and K
- PROTEIN POWDER WITH PROBIOTICS: Tasty, 110 calorie smooth protein shake with 3 billion CFU probiotics and enzymes for easy digestion
- VEGAN PROTEIN POWDER: Organic, gluten free, vegan, dairy free, soy free, non GMO whole food protein
Why RAW Organic Protein
Unlock the nutritive power of living grains and seeds with Garden of Life RAW Organic Protein —a certified organic, RAW, vegan protein powder. Featuring 13 RAW and organic sprouts, RAW Organic Protein is an excellent source of complete protein—providing 22 grams and 34% of the Daily Value—including all essential amino acids. RAW Organic Protein contains RAW Food-Created fat-soluble vitamins A, D, E and K and supports digestive health and function with live probiotics and protein-digesting enzymes.
Your Super Skinny Protein Mix
Not only does a serving of this mix have both hemp and pea protein, it also contains moringa, spirulina, and alfalfa, so you get a serving of these green superfoods as well. Awesome start for vegan protein powders! A mere two tablespoons will provide you with 9 grams of protein, so you can have a little a couple times a day, or just up the serving size.
- CONTROL HUNGER & BOOST POST-WORKOUT RECOVERY: Skinny Protein speeds up metabolism and contains 9 essential amino acids that your body can’t produce on its own. Lose weight, control your hunger naturally and speed up recovery-time after workouts! This mix is packed with 2 high-quality vegan proteins and enriched with 3 nutrient-dense green superfoods for that extra boost of micronutrients to help you be the fittest and healthiest version of yourself.
- PACKED WITH NUTRITION: Skinny Protein superfood powder is a complete plant-based 62% protein mix with all 9 essential amino acids. The mix is sugar-free, low in carbs and nutrient-dense as it contains Chlorophyll, Vitamin A, B12, K, Iron, Calcium, Potassium, and Magnesium. Your Super mixes contain NO stevia, sweeteners, fillers, thickeners, natural or artificial flavoring – made with 5 powerful superfoods, nothing more!
- POWERFUL ORGANIC INGREDIENTS: Hemp Protein* (Romania), Pea Protein* (Spain), Moringa* (Tanzania), Spirulina* (Germany) and Alfalfa* (Germany) Powder. *Organic Certified – Our certified organic ingredients are naturally dried to preserve the micronutrients and are tested by third-party labs before, during and after production to ensure they are of the highest quality.
- EASY TO USE: Simply add two tablespoons of the mix to smoothies, juices, water, yogurt, muesli, oatmeal, acai bowls or nut milk. Delicious nutty green taste – 14.1oz (400g) | 26 servings
- GIVING BACK: For every mix sold, we donate one packet of life-saving food to children suffering from severe malnutrition through our partnership with Action Against Hunger. Everyone deserves to be healthy!